Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tying The Knot


I had a wonderful weekend as I attended the wedding of Paul and Hazel who attends my church and are apart of the music department. Paul happens to be the Music Director and also my drum "sifu". I learned to play drums at the age of 13 and through his guidance, I am a drummer today thanks to him. Despite the 9 years age difference (Hazel is the same age as me), it did not stop them from finding love with one another. Here is a photoblog of this sweet and memorable journey towards another step in life.

The bridal car.
A fathers love watched by the ever faithful bestman.
Enemy of the gates.
Women inside laughing out loud.
Men making a fool of themselves doing a Punjabi dance around a coconut tree (guess which is it)
Which of this is the lips I'm about to kiss at the altar?
The struggle to open up the gate.
"Will you marry me?" (in three dialects)
"Where are yooouuu? I can't see yoooouuuu.....
A Cup of Honour.

Wearing of jewellery by the mother and brother.
The first angpow giving.
Out from the house with the bride in hand.
The proud parents of the groom.
A picture speaks a thousand words..."Paul & Hazel are getting married!"
The proud father leading his daughter to the altar.
In the company of the maid of honour, bridesmaid, flower girl and ring bearer. (Whats the different between a maid of honour and a bridesmaid? One give a speech, the other doesn't)
Kiss the girl.
The most important document to be signed in their life.
A special presentation.
"You are the love of my life"
This is where it all began.
Paul & Hazel's Wedding Memoribilia

This isn't the last of my photos as the night photos of the dinner are still in my sis cam. So stay tuned!

It's a beautiful experience to go up to the altar and say those beautiful vows to your one and only. A full whole day of experience that will forever remain as one of the most memorable occasion in one's life. The idea of going to the bride's house seem to interest me and I hope to take upon this culture eventhough I'm a born again Christian. I am still a pure Malaysian Chinese.


No comments: