Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Visit

This pass couple of days have been a fruitless day at work. I have yet to produce at solid results in my programming as I am currently struggling to come up with a proper database to feed my program with the necessary data. Though its only a dummy database, it was harder that I could imagine. Besides that, I have started to do some modification to the interface to allow a more open search for the user to choose from to obtain the required data.

My supervisor, Dr Lee Tian Soon came to visit today. I had initially though that it would be Mr. Chan Yee Kit in the beginning. Our meeting was scheduled around 11.30am but it was delayed till around 5pm. I was pretty surprised when I met him for the first time as his appearance seems contrastic to his title as a doctor. He seems pretty blur and also nervous when speaking. The meeting with my supervisor lasted around 15 minutes. He mainly asked about me as an MMU student and how I had fit into working in the company and my willingness to learn when a job is given. Other than that, he was also concern about any complains and whether the image of the uni was affected or not. It seems obvious that his visit here was to check to see if there would be any treat towards MMU name and its future of sending more trainees to the company. There was a lack of attention towards the relevancy of the job towards the course of studies. It seems pretty obvious that the qualification is not that important. What is important is the willingness to learn when a job is assign to you.

No comments: