Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Hari Raya Visit

I had just came back from visiting one of my collegue, Fizah place who invited a number of us from the office over to her house for dinner. She had initially thought of having it for lunch but due to the time constraint, she decided to have it for dinner as to give us time to enjoy ourselves and not rush of to work. There were alot of people from the office and many of them brought the spouses and kids along as well. I was fortunate to see their family together.

It was a simple occasion. Her mom prepared for us lontong and laksa. Although still having my cough, I decided not to waste such an oppurtunity and indulge in the food, taking less of the chili stuff. It was a harmonious affair to see various races coming together to have dinner together. Such gathering are considered rare especially in Malaysia although we call ourselves a multi cultural nation. However, cliques among races still do exist and it is quite obvious in my company as well especially during lunches. I am fortunate enough to be on the open minded side and mix around with different races at the office. Below is picture of me with the new engineers at my place. Most of them are around the same age as me and thats why I am seen hanging around this group more often at the office.

From Left : Sugu, Long, June, Fizah, Ajay, Me, Stanley, Lim & Baljinder

No comments: