Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My Trip Down Cyber

I made a trip down to Cyberjaya after work to attend CF that night. It would be the last CF of the sem and decided to go for it. I had not been around much due to my internship back homem and this would be my second time this semester. I went there unannounced as I wanted to walk into the room just like anyone else and did not want any attention to be drawn to me. I took the KTM up to KL and it was pouring like cats and dogs outside. My mom was hesitant in letting me go but I told her I had made up my mind and decided to go even if it rained. However, my initial plan to visit the Pasar Ramadan in Putrajaya with my ex-roomie Chris had to be cancelled and only managed to reach Serdang at around 8pm.

During the journey, I encountered two Indian national who were new to Malaysia and had come to Seremban to work. They spoke very good English without much of an Indian accent. Their conversation seem to indicate that they were still foreign to this land and were asking each other alot of question. As I clutch my hands freezing inside the train, my thoughts began to think of this two guys who were one of those who had left their homeland in search of greener pastures in a foreign land. Some had families back home and had to leave them behind in search of higher income to put food on the table. They were alone in a foreign land and friends were only their companion to get through the loneliness. I wonder how they were able to do it, living miles away from their love one. Long distant. It was such a familiar scene.

I made my way to campus thanks to my sis who came to picked me up from the station. Beside her, I saw a familiar face and Poh Yee had accompanied her on this trip. It was good to see the "Fat One" once again. I made my way thereafter into the CF room and many were surprised to see me there. The room was in a different setting with dim lights and tables filled with titbits to munch away. There was a small little area in front where presentations by fellow CFers were being shown. The room had been changed into a small cafe.

I sat at the back of the room with fellow seniors such as Kevin, John, Chris and Leo. Annette was there as well. It seems I had assimilated into the group of old farts. There were singing, dance and even a comedy skit presented by numerous people. Besides that, there were a couple of video clips which was shown that had me in it looking really funny. I really could not imagine myself doing this and my actions were all captured on video. How embarassing! It was a nice atmosphere to catch up with people and I began moving to a few tables to mingle with the people I had come to know. However, I tried to avoid someone in the room.

One of my reasons of coming down to Cyberjaya was to ask for prayer. I had hope that Annette was there to pray for me. In my past year in the CF, I had kept most of my things to heart and seldom did I share to anyone or asked anyone to pray for me. I was someone who did not want to drown people with my problems but instead solve those problems on my own. This would be my first attempt to do this. I had to humble for prayer as I needed it. It was good to share with Annette and I was surprised that she had sense something amidst in me. I was broken. Despite trying to keep a straight face, it was hard to hide my pain. We prayed for each other and I felt better to have spoken to someone. I realise that at times we are not at our peak and we all need someone to share our burden with. Even for Annette herself though many come to consult her with their problems or difficulties. We are all humans in need of a brother or a sister to share with. That makes the family of God so special.

No comments: