Wednesday, February 18, 2004

16 February 2004

It was an early day to start out with. Class had began at eight in the morning but I had to leave earlier as I made my way to KLIA to send Huei Wern. It was pretty ironic as we made our way to the departure hall. We met her parents on the way. She had just left into the inner part of the airport about 10 minutes. I was really a waste but we quickly got hold of her on her mobile and thank God, it was still with her. Me and my sister wish her a safe journey and said our apologies for being late in our farewells. As we were there already, we decided to head to the departure to meet up with those who had send her off. After a brief conversation, we made our way back to Cyberjaya as my sister had a presentation later that day.

I felt kind of relax this week as I didn’t have much to do. That was when I decided to start updating my blog after delaying it for such a long time. I decided to sum up my entire last week in an entry, highlighted the necessary things which was quite long in the end.

Me, my sis, Shen, Su Chen and Poh Yee got into my car as we left to the Putrajaya Hospital to visit Su Lin at around 7pm. Although, I had initially planned to go for a jog as it had just rained and it was really a good time for it but I decided to abort that idea, looking at what was more important. At the hospital, we met Boss, Joshua, Niger, Lilian and Michelle as well. It was good to see Su Lin in her green hospital outfit. She had calamine lotion all over her hand which were meant for her rashes which was why she was admitted in the first place on Sunday. Her admittance was considered a miracle as she found out after a check up that her platelet and red blood cell were below the normal level. A slight wound would cause a continuous bleeding as the blood would not clot. However in spite on her situation and the uncertainty that arose from her condition, she was still able to cheerful and happy plus she did most of the talking throughout our visit. After an hour there, we said a prayer for her before we left.

Monday has always been CG night. I arrived half and hour late as I decided to have my dinner before going as I was really hungry at that time. I didn’t really did enjoy CG that much tonight although I truly enjoyed myself with the ice breaker prepared by Mei Sin. It involves numbers and a lot of arithmetic for it. Challenging that I almost felt my brains were fried. The topic of tonight’s bible study touched on self-esteem. It was rather short as my CG leader decided to cut in short due to lack of time. I wasn’t to happy with it not because of the cutting short, but mainly the idea of not allowing the person to be in charge to be in charge. He was continuously barging in and remain in control of everything without giving the new ones a chance to have a free hand. I decided to remain quiet about the matter but shared with my best friend about it. The notion of pride was still there. Guess it does take time to change. A long process indeed.

No comments: