Tuesday, February 17, 2004

7th February 2004

I left for Seremban early in the morning with my younger sister. Was thinking of staying in Cyber to study but guess it doesn’t really make a difference if u study here and back home. Had to bring my books back this week as it will be a tough week for me next week. Three exams in four days. I can’t imagine what it would be like but I guess I would still have to face. Looking at the bright, it will help to train me for the upcoming finals in 6 weeks time. Boy, how time passed by so quickly in a blink of an eye.

Night came and I made my way to Jocelyn and Jeremy residence at Rasah Kemayan for our music meeting. It had been quite some time since we had one and after postponing it from last week to this week due to Aspirers retreat at Genting Highlands, we finally make it a point to meet up. It was a going to be a time of sharing from pastor about going one notch up and not forgetting the glorious food that comes after that. I truly agreed to what pastor shared to us that night about taking it one notch higher for the music ministry. He came out with three points that was really interesting

1. Spontaneous
We should be spontaneous and sensitive to notice how the congregation react to certain songs and try to bring them to a higher in worship

2. Stage presence
Always know what is going on around the stage area and be cautious of what we do on stage as people notice our actions. Encourage the congregation to worship by worshipping God.

3. Sleep
Get enough sleep before serving the next day. A well rested body does makes a lot of difference when it comes to serving God. A tired mind may cause one to loose focus.

I was surprised to see Pastor Robert Stevenson during the meeting. He had just came down from Perth, Australia and was on the way to India to preach there. Pastor Bob, known by many was the one that brought my pastor to Christ while he was studying at ACS Seremban. I could say that he is sort of like a father figure to my pastor and comes down to Seremban quite frequently. His son, Pastor Phil will be coming down to our church somewhere around April and will be bringing a team along with him. Can’t wait to meet them. A very friendly pastor indeed. With a plate of fettuccini and rice with curry, I sat in front of the TV watching a live concert by Kurt Franklin. The sound of the choir was simply awesome. I was totally amazed by the blend of the voices and expression that came along with it. It was so heavenly. One of my dreams is actually to visit an African American church. I was always amazed at the way they sang their heart out. How I wish sometimes that we can experience such openness to worship in Malaysia.

I had initially planned to go out with my friends but decided to postpone in to the following week as I was beginning to get worried about not finishing my studies. So, I practically spend the night at home on my desk reading my notes. How sad can it be.

No comments: