Monday, February 09, 2004

20 January 2004

Morning dawn and I woke up pretty late. It was another Tuesday morning and once again it was Morning Glory. I quickly took my bath and rush over to the little “pondok” that we meet weekly. There were many familiar as most of them who came were regulars. It was quite surprising to see such a turn out considering that it was nearing Chinese New Year and many people were already back home or preparing to go home. There wasn’t any prayer list for this morning but we prayed for journey mercies for all who were travelling back to their hometowns for this festive season and also that we maintain a constant daily walk with Him. Constant? That word seems so foreign to me especially during holidays as I find it pretty hard to do my quiet time at home considering the fact that I wake up pretty late. Maybe it’s just the comfort of your home that keeps you snuggling in your bed longer. I do hope that I can make some effort to commune with Him during this holiday. (As I write this I doubt I have. I won’t try but make an effort.)

As usual, prayer was then followed by breakfast at our usual spot at HB3. Tasted the curry puff sold at the vegetarian store for the very first time and found it very delicious. Should try it more often. This morning I had a different itenery. After bidding farewell to the rest of the group and wishing each other “GONG XI FA CAI”, I had a meeting with expressio. Due to the limited amount of time, I tried to make the best of it. After waiting for expression to park the car and fetching expressio to the nearest post office to settle some bills, I made my way to expressio’s place for some time together before we made our way back to our respective hometowns. It’s going to be pretty hard as we communicate with one another almost everyday. In spite of the distance, will try to get used to it and maybe a few SMS and phone calls during the holidays will keep us in touched with one another.

After bidding each other farewell, I made my way back to HB3 to fetch my sister. We had planned to stop by Mid Valley before we made our way back home to Seremban to check out anything to buy. Actually, it was mainly my sis idea as she wanted to check out clothes for the New Year. I was mainly accompanying her as I didn’t have any intention to buy anything. Since I was there, mind as well made myself useful. I had in mind initially to purchase a Chinese outfit to wear for a prom that I would be MC-ing in March and decided to check the prices for it. I stumbled upon one as I was walking around Metrojaya. The price was quite reasonable, around RM110 but it seem quite baggy and loose and what I had in mind was something more straight and formal. I doubt I’ll be able to find one like that and even if I do, I wouldn’t be able to afford it. Guess the search for the Chinese outfit has just begun. Besides shopping, I manage to catch a few Chinese acrobats doing some stunts at the Center Court and also a man playing the “Peh Pa”. “Peh Pa” is a traditional Chinese instrument that is long in shape with different types of string laid across it, which produce different notes when it is being played. I reckon it to something like the piano, as it requires someone with very delicate fingers to play it. A very challenging instrument to learn up I guess but the sounds that is produce is simply heavenly. Although we weren’t able to purchase any clothes, we manage to make away with stationeries worth about RM40. Couldn’t believe that cards and papers would cost so much. Now I can see that selling stationeries alone can be a very thriving business venture.

We reached back home around 5.30pm and it was equivalent the same time I receive a message from expressio saying that expressio had just reached home. Guess, shopping and traveling back to Seremban is equal to the time it takes to reached back to expressio place. Had a quick bath and began to feel lazy all over again. Coming home always makes me a slob. Well, guess being at home makes u feel relax and I wonder how I would be at the end of my holidays. Seeing that I have loads of exams the week after I go back to campus, I guess I need to instil some discipline within myself to get myself on my toes to start working again.

Relationship Line Transit (RLT)

I had another though regarding about relationship today while I was talking to a friend and manage to come up with a descriptive way of putting it. I visualise relationship as a train line with many stations in between. The stations are separated into 2 sections by a tunnel of love. Before this tunnel, there is “Acquaintance”, “Friend”, “Close Friend” and “Best Friend”. Going through the tunnel of love will lead you to “Praying”, “Considering”, “Involvement”, and “Marriage”. Though many might think that “Marriage” would be the last station, but there is always another station that many people do not see after the service has been stopped and its time to retire. It is a station of “Maintenance” where the trains stop to mend and to repair what has been broken so that the train will be able to run in perfect condition again. This may not be the total image that I imagine but its something like that. Will ponder upon this train line more when the time is right.

No comments: