Monday, February 09, 2004

28 January 2004

Yet another day and another failed attempt to get my up my feet to go for a jog. However, I manage to wake up pretty early today. Had a strange dream the night before. Dreamt of expressio and the scene that I was in was very strange indeed. I imagine that expressio with a few other individuals were going to get their heads chop off, believing that it will grow again and it would look much better. I even saw my cousin, Nana in it as well. It really freak me out cause I saw a guys head actually fall off his body as a samurai sword man slash his head off. Seeing it, I quickly rush over to expressio side to spend the time with her as she prepare herself for her turn. It was really a sad time but it was comforting as well being beside expressio. Fortunately, I didn’t get to see her head get chop off. But, I felt at that time that expressio was gone and it was really saddening. Weird indeed! Had another freaky dream also in the afternoon while I took a short nap.

As I had plans to see Last Samurai with few of my friend in the night, I decided to spend the time trying to catch up with my studies so as to not to carry the guilt within me as I watch the movie. After having dinner, I quickly rush out of the house to fetch Huei Wen and also to head down to the cinema as soon as I could as I had to collect the tickets that I had booked 45 minutes before the show. Fortunately midway through the journey, Kai Fatt called to say he was already at Terminal 1 and I asked him to collect the tickets. Boy, was I relieved and continued my journey calmly without scaring the passengers in my car. It was kind of early when we reached there and decided to head down to Popular to hang around while I await the rest of the people. There were all together 9 of us; Me, my two sisters, Huei Wen, Terry, Kai Fatt, Chin Yang, Marvin and another guy whom I can’t recollect his name.

It was a really a memorable night out at the cinema as this was the first time in my entire movie life that I had a show stopped in the middle. It was at the part where the ninjas were going to make a surprise attack on the samurai and lo and behold the whole screen went white. This was when the whole crowd in the cinema began to give a piece of their minds.

“Oi, apa ni! Censored kah?”
“Eh, tidur ah! Tukar CD ah? Hilang disc 2!”
“Eh, brother! Dah lama tunggu dalam ini dan belum start lagi. Bagi lah free popcorn atau drinks!”


It was really tempting to join in the whole fiasco that was going on in the whole cinema. I did shout an “Oi!” but I was thinking if I had some of my other friends with me, I think its going to be even more entertaining especially friends like Mathan and Fui. Disappointed that we didn’t get to finish the show, but we manage to get a refund for the tickets that we bought. Desperate to watched again, we immediately discuss among ourselves and decided to book tickets for the next show on the following day, hopefully in the afternoon so we could take advantage of the student price for the show, RM6.

Had to come back early even though we ended the show around 10.30pm as I needed to fetch a friend back home. It was really surprising to find out that at that age she still had curfew and she can’t visit the mamak for supper except accompanied by her brother. I respect her for her obedience to her parents but at the same time pity her that she was still under the protection of her parents. Guess, every parents will concern about their child safety especially a girl considering all the sick news that we hear and read of every single day. Probably as she is in Australia and away from her parents, she might venture out more. This is what normally what happens to people who are raise up in a strict family. It can be either good or bad, depending on the individual upbringing also. Feels like a bondage. Guess, bondages can exist in different form where at times these bondages are unknown to us.

No comments: