Tuesday, February 17, 2004

5 February 2004

It was a holiday today in conjunction of Thaipusam, a celebration celebrated by the Hindus as an offering the their gods by carrying kavadis that are pierced on their body without feeling a single pain at all while carrying it all the way up a few hundred flight of stairs up Batu Caves, Gombak. I was supposed to hand up an assignment today but the lecturer on realising it was a public holiday postponed it to the following day. So I didn’t had to rush but still had to finish it cause I haven’t started doing it yet.

I had a long meeting today. Though it was intended to be about 2 hours, committee meeting normally would always take longer. In the 3 hours of meeting, the incoming committees manage to explain to the newbies what each role is and also to decide on which role they would be taking. There were a lot of surprises in stored during the meeting. Three ministries had two person in it while two task were combined into one. It was also quite surprising to know that the list given by the Election Committees resulted in a different set altogether after the roles were confirmed with the exception of two who scored a bulls eye. Besides that, we also set a tentative date for our committee retreat and planning session that would be right after our finals and before IF camp. I can foresee a busy holiday for me. But, its good to get my hands busy rather than staying at home and wasting my time aimlessly doing nothing but eating and sleeping.

The night was spend busily finishing my assignment. I kind of regret the last minute work and promise myself I would try to finish my next assignment earlier. I wasn’t as easy as I expected because I haven’t read one chapter yet although it would be covered in my exam the following week. Thanks to a fellow friend that I was able to ask although I had to strive till the wee hours of the morning, sleeping only at 3 am.

No comments: