Monday, February 09, 2004

31 January 2004

I look at the date and saw that it was already end of the first month of the year. Chinese New Year had passed by so quickly. Imagine today was already Saturday, the 10th day of Chinese New Year and the sight of classes, exams and assignment seem to loom nearer and nearer. Sigh! Yet another boring week to come. So soon I wonder???

Parents went out to KL. My little sister was up in the heavens (Genting actually!) for my church youth retreat at Peacehaven. Didn’t join them for it as exams was nearing and I haven’t been attending the youths anymore. It was a decision I made as I didn’t had the time to be involve so actively before due to my commitments back in campus and also I lost the joy of going to youths anymore. It was more of just attending and supporting the youths, but there wasn’t any purpose at all. Many of the youths I know had change. Clicks were beginning to be more obvious now considering that many of them are in the choir ministry while I wasn’t. I hardly know them anymore although I grew up with some of them. Everything seem to be very fake to me. There wasn’t any sincerity in the friendship. I use to feel kind of disappointed about it but have learned to look at the brighter side of things. Thank God now I can say I have a group which I mix with, a group that comprise of youths my age who aren’t so involve in church ministry. It thought me what it feels to be left out when you are not in the same group as the majority.

As both my sis and I were at home alone and had nothing much to do but to try to study. The days were getting nearer and I guess it scared us a little knowing about it. Had a dinner date with sister at Curry Leaf. As usual, I would always go for the rice as I was hungry. Took mutton with 3 side dishes of veges and potatoes, drench with the ever famous dhal and accompanied by papadam. I had been a fan of Indian food for such a long time that I have even a customised my voice with an Indian slang. It was rather funny one day when the auntie who mans the vegetarian shop said this to me,

“If I put you in a dark room, without seeing you I would think that you would be an Indian boy.”

Well, not only do I have an Indian slang, so as both of my sisters Maybe its due to the company of friends we mix with at school which comprise mostly of Indian friends. Guess that’s the beauty of being in Malaysian. A Chinese with and Indian slang. What other combination would u imagine? Countless.

The Longest Practice Session

The night was spend at church practicing for the following day praise and worship. It was a rather long winded practice I would say as most of the time we were waiting for the keyboardist to get the chords of the songs. I was kind of frustrated at times as we were going through the songs. We were trying our best to get the chords and play the right way, just as the way the CD sounds like. I have always prefer singing or playing a song in your own way without having the need to imitate exactly what someone else has done. In my heart, I have always believe that praise and worship comes from the heart whereby we should play or sing it as we are worshipping Him in our own special way. The worship team on the CD are singing it in their own special way. Why do we need to copy someone else worship and make worship sound so similar and not special? I hope one day I’m able to share this with the worship team and hope by doing that we can progress in worship and lead the people.

3 guys and A Mamak

Right after practice, I quickly hurried down to S2 to meet up 2 of my closest friends, Ericson and Leon. They had been waiting patiently for me for almost an hour and felt kind of bad to let them wait any longer. Ericson had just finish his exams the day before and Leon was back from NZ and was going back soon. It was good time for us to catch up and get to know how each and everyone of us were doing. Its hard now to meet as often as we use to when most of us were still in Malaysia. Most of my close friends were far off in another land while those around here, I didn’t mix much in school and I hardly contact. I hope that I can broadened my circle of friends and not only mix with these few close ones but mix around with others as well. Some of the close ones I had also lost contact. I hope my having this blog that I’ll be able to keep in touch and inform them about my current updates. Planning to meet up with Eric and Leon next week, hopefully

No comments: