Monday, February 09, 2004

25 January 2004

Another Sunday had come. Wasn’t able to sleep that well that night as the itchiness had become unbearable and disturbing. However, I manage to catch quite a good amount of sleep, hopefully to sustain me through the service today. It was quite an empty congregation today due to the Chinese New Year weekend. Pastor Ben wasn’t around and a visiting pastor by the name of Pas. Yee Tham Wan came to speak to us today. He was the Senior Pastor of a church in Jinjang but decided to resigned to follow His call to become a full time missionary in the Philippines. There was an introductory video on the seminary that he will be attached to, Asia Pacific Theological Seminary in Baguio, Philippines followed by a brief introduction of himself and his family. It was quite a challenging message that morning and had generate an interest in me to listen to him as I like listening to preachers who causes you to think and reflect back on your life rather than imparting to you things that are very general or shallow so as to not step into sensitive issues. This morning context was taken from the Old Testament of Abraham journey to the Promise land and the alters that he built on the way. There were 4 altars built beside a tree but 3 were built after God had spoken.

Gen 12:6 The tree of Moreh
Gen 13:16 The tree of Mamre
Gen 21:33 The tree of Tamarisk
Gen 22:2 The land of Moriah

This are some of the interesting points I gathered
1. It was common for Abraham to built his altar near to his tents. Sometimes, we are more used to separate God from what we are doing.
2. The altar built at the tree of Tamarisk was an altar build by Abraham without hearing from God first. Besides that, he had to plant his own tree to build an altar. Sometimes, more frequently we tend to engineer our own blessing rather than receive the blessings that He has in store for us.

(I can’t remember all the points but if u are interested you can check out Agape Gospel Assembly page and go under sermon session preached by Rev. Yee Tham Wan)

Had lunch together with grandparents at Min Kee Restaurant. This was my third time to Lo Sang and also got to eat my favourite dish, Yee Tau Mai Fan. After going home for a short change of clothes and refreshment, my parents and I headed down to KL to visit a few friends and relative. They were my dad’s friend who helped him get his current job, Auntie Maria and Auntie Teresa (both long time friends with my parents where their children I consider as childhood friends.) and Auntie Siew Yong. It was quite a tiring day going from one house to house though it wasn’t many. Had a little nausea back home due to gas in my stomach. Hope I don’t fall sick and succumb to fever.

No comments: