Wednesday, February 18, 2004

17 February 2004

I was surprised to see the time on the clock as I awoke. I was late again and missed prayer and also my tutorial class at 8 am. I was trying to figure out why I didn’t hear the alarm or did I woke up and close it without realising it. It happens sometimes, especially when you are tired. Although I was late, I decided to wake up and make my way to the lab to start on my DSP lab report. I could have done it the comfort of my room but due to the incompatibility of the software that didn’t have the function that allowed me to do, I had no choice but to go to the lab start on it.

It was such a long and free day that I spend most of my time in the room not knowing what to do. I attended a replacement for the class I missed this morning and came back to my room to fiddle at some things and by the time you know it, it was 6 pm. Time to go for CISCO class. I had missed the previous 2 classes due to exams. So, I was kind of lost when I was there, staring at the screen and not knowing what was going on.

After my class, stopped by momentarily at the CF committee prayer before rushing to the triangle building (STAD) to pick up some friends from Inti College Nilai CF who had planned to come and visit. All together there were 8 of them in 2 cars, one was a BMW. Surprised surprised. They were Szet Winne, Shanti, Kim Fei, Gerald, Johnny, Daniel, Yoke May and another guy I can’t really recollect his name but he reminded me of Jason Chui. We had a candle light setting CF today as we discuss of the topic of follow-up. I wasn’t really able to catch the importance of follow-up during the session as the message didn’t come across well. For me, a serious topic like this required more depth which I found missing. Maybe the atmosphere around us wasn’t conducive enough due to the Fashion Show in conjunction with CCIP (Cross Cultural Integration Programme) was taking place outside the room, kind of allowed people’s concentration to swayed away. We were tend broken into three groups where each of us had to present a short presentation based on the situation. Due to the big amount of people and clarity of the description given, the presentation wasn’t put forward properly enough to pass a message. However, the ending was quite touching as we listen to the song on Candles, about how we should be candles burning for Him, a light to the darkness. I really like the song and the words that accompanied it. The candle set a tone to the whole atmosphere as we started to ponder and relate ourselves as the burning candle.

At the end of everything, my sister and I decided to bring the Inti-an on a small tour of our campus. They were really amazed at what we have especially the lab with the Playstation 2 console and also of how everything still looks so new even after 8 years. My sis and I discuss that we should include bringing people around especially visitors or newcomers around into the SRM portfolio. It was hard for both of us to continue to this although I do enjoy mixing with people especially the Malaccan during Cyber Christmas and now, the Inti-ans. But, we wanted to trained more people up in this area. Aren’t we Malaysian known for their hospitality? I guess we still need to impart to people about taking initiative and realising the importance of being hospitable. We bid farewell to them later and quickly grab our long awaited dinner at HB3 before heading back to my our respective places of stay after a long night.


No comments: