Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas Is Callin You Home

Christmas had started a week earlier at home and I was privilege to have participated in it. I was invited by Esther to join their cell group for "Christmas is Calling You Home". All the cells in my church organise this event to mainly invite their non Christian friends to experience friends together. However, I had not join cell for quite some time due to other commitments and was privilege to have been invited. I went there with my sis.

The cell was mainly made up of youths and teenagers. There was hardly any adults with the exception of three which is Rajan, Esther and Rachel. The rest were mainly 25 years and below. There were around more than 30 people packed in the hall. I certainly had an interesting time there. There were testimonies, games and singing of carols. I was happy to see one of my kindergarden friend, Natalie gave her testimony of how she had become a Christian. She was from a Taoist background but was expose to Christianity and Buddhism. She had also encounters with spirit that would come and talk to her at times. As time when by, she began to question and also search who God really is and soon came to a conclusion that Jesus was the true God. One statement she made during her testimony was "If God says that He is the only God, then He is the only God. If He is not, then its a lie." I too believe that God is real. Not because I believe so but because I experience Him each and every day of my life.

Besides that, we had also a piniata session. A piniata is a game that we usually see the Mexican play when they have to blindfold them and hit the wrapped donkey that contain certain things in it. However, this time around it was not a donkey but something shape like a basket and we could see and hit it. It was really interesting and it was not the first time I had seen it at Esther place. The last time was during her daughter, Tze Ann birthday party. As for food, we had carbonara and David's special chicken dish (I know it has a name but it was too confusing to remember.) It was bacon wrapped in chicken meat covered in break crumbs and parsley and fried. Simply awesome.

The next day, I joined the church for carolling. We travelled the breathe and lenght of Seremban going from house to house to sing carols. There were all together 11 cars and we had to go to 5 houses. In the past, we used to go to around 7 houses and there was once we actually visited a home at Country Heights, Kajang (my most memorable carolling house). Nowdays, visiting 5 enought was already good enought as I was simply drained out mid way the visit. It was probably due to my hectic day out at work which was followed my music practice in church and a hair cut at the saloon. However, I had fun.

I had the oppurtunity to sing solos on a couple of carols and was glad I made it through despite the loads of cold sweet drinks and fried stuff. I was expecting myself to dig into the food and stuff myself with food but I was so tired that I had not much of an appetite. I guess I was conserving my energy for something else. I have always enjoyed carolling because it was once in a year I get to enjoy making a fool of myself. Carols have always been fun and I always try to make it fun and interesting. I began my tricks and rallied some of groupies and we accompanied the some of the songs with some actions by joining hands and swaying from side to side, jumping up and down, lifting our hands and waving around just like you see in concert when they sang a slow number. It was hilarious and funny though I would have wish more to join in this crazy thing.

The most interesting house of the night was Rajiv's house where his family had a party and invited alot of people over. There was a mini band with a electric guitar, a piano and a PA system. Rajiv's mom began belting out some up beat numbers that got me and some of the rest dancing to it. We even accompanied her when she sang "O, Holy Night". I felt so much joy that night and was simply satisfied what a day it had been. It would be a week left to Christmas and I can't wait for it to come.

No comments: