Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Homeless in Harvard

It was a really exhausting Tuesday for me. I was up at 6am, left my house at 7am, was at prayer at 7.20am, breakfast thereafter, classes at 9am and 1pm, hanging out at the lab and Poh Yee's place (thanks lots) in between, CF Comm meet at 7pm and CF at 10pm. By the time everything was over, I had been out of my home for a duration of 16 and a half hours. My body was already feeling the effects after CF and almost was at the verge of passing out. I had no energy left to even stay awake which was due to fasting and not having dinner. I went home, got myself some crackers and tea, dashed in the toilet for a quick bath and was flat out on my bed thereafter. Boy, what a day!! This would only be my first Tuesday and could not imagine myself going through it every week of this trimester. I can only pray to God for strength and hope I would be able to adapt to this new lifestyle.

I stepped into CF for the first time after almost 3 and half months. Though I had been here a couple of times during my internship, it was merely to visit and to check out on how everything was going on. I really did miss not having CF apart of my Tuesdays itenary during my absence. It did feel good to be back with so many familiar faces. The smile on their faces was enough to make me happy. I was finally back to the place where a huge part of my uni life was apart of.

As I entered the room, I found my place at the back left corner of the room where I would find a place of solitude for me to be in His presence. I was simply in awe of His amazing love as I felt His presence upon me. The songs that were sang and lead by Jia Wern really impacted me and move me to tears. Every word that I sang meant something. I could relate to how great God is or how magnificient He is. There was joy and peace within me to be able to feel His awesome presence. I could not keep my feelings for Him because of my daily experience with Him. Worship had seem different ever since I started spending time with Him. Everytime song that I sang in worship to Him moves me to tears. An awesome experience.

Pastor Khoo Kay Hup, pastor of FGA and Boss's uncle came to speak to us about Priorities. He divided priorities into four quadrants and listed them according to importance and urgency. There was a lot of truth that was said about priorities. Where did mine lie? I can now say that I have place my priorities in God more than anything else. I began to trust Him in every situation that I am in and pray that He will guide me through it. I knew that if I place my trust and hope in God that things will go on accordingly to His plan for my life and I believe that He has my best interest.

He ended the session by showing us a short snipet from the show " Homeless in Harvard" which was recorded from Hallmark. I had seen this movie before but not in its entirety. It was really inspiring to see a girl vision to do her best and excel in her studies despite the hardship that she had to go through and the discouragement that came her way. I realise then that God has a plan for us in life. We should always have the end in mind before making that journey. It would simply help in focusing and not be sidetrack by the many barriers and discouragement that come our way. This was clearly shown when Liz was able to succeed to get an entrance to Harvard despite her family background where her parents were drug addicts and her family was all twisted up. Her best friend even discourage her from taking that chance. She finally made it because she saw the end from the beginning. Truly inspirational.

No comments: