Tuesday, December 14, 2004

In Need Of His Grace

The joy of the Lord is my strength. I have enjoyed spending time with God during this past month. However, I was not able to spend time with Him during the weekend as I had been busy. I knew that it was not a good reason. It was merely an excuse. Though I had taken time in the car alone to pray to Him, I had not spend time waiting on Him.

The effect was immediate as I realise how subsebtable I was to temptation. I began to feel discourage. I could hear the devil virtually saying, "Give up. You are still going to sin anyway." I knew I will but I desire in my heart to sin less. I could not afford to give in to the deceptions and lies of the devil and sacrifice in becoming more like Him. I knew that I needed Christ all the time as I realise how weak my heart can be. Without Him, I am nothing.

The importance in daily communion with Him is I needed Him everyday in my life. Everyday with Christ keeps the devil away.

No comments: