Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas

Christmas had come and I was pretty excited over it. I felt happy. There was peace, joy and love in my heart. I started my Christmas by waking up and wishing my family "Merry Christmas". After that, we made our way to church. There were alot of people at church and it was normal to see many unfamiliar faces in the congregration.

There was a choir presentation by the choir members of our church. Their voices seem much clearer due to the new padding on the wall and the improve acoustic. I could hear them clearly for once. All together, there was four songs that were presented. I had a particular liking for "Hallelujah". It was simply heavenly. Then, the drama team came on stage to present a short sketch. My heart was pleased and happy. This was the final product from the scrip that me and my sisters had helped in writing. It was so nice to see the work that you had accomplished come alive before you very eyes. They even added a life interview with people that met at Seremban Parade. I felt proud of this production.

Pastor gave a powerful message on Christmas. My heart was touched and felt God's presence upon me. Pastor lead the congregration into prayer and I lead the people together into an acceptance prayer. There and then, I commited my life again before God and asked Him to lead me. Today will be the beginning of more things in store for me, I pray.

After service, my parents and I journeyed down to KL where we would be gathering at my aunt's place at Kota Kemuning for our family reunion. Grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins will be there to celebrate Christmas together. There were alot of food prepared for the night such as Peking Duck, Kerabu, Salad, Fried Mee Hoon, BBQ Lamb, Chicken and Fish and the list goes on. My sisters and I prepared the drinks for the night, mixing anything that would taste nice and hoping for a good mixture.

People soon began to pour in. Relatives and also my aunt's neighbour. I was commisioned to the BBQ pit to take care of it with the help of my uncle. Boy, the flames were before me and soon, I was smelling like smoke and BBQ. It was great to have family around and also exchange presents with one another. There was so much joy, happiness and love. We even had a mock yam seng session of sparkling juice that made the guest outside thinking that we were somewhat drunk.

It was soon began to grow late and everyone was getting tired. I was. We soon made our way back and lay flat on the bed after a quick shower.

No comments: