Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Testimony of God's Mercy

I had quite a bad day yesterday. A sudden feeling of remorse overshadowed me. I started feeling depressed and grief. Thoughts were beginning to fill my mind, building up to unnecessary thinking that had caused me to feel unwanted and distant. I did not understand why such feeling had erupted. It stayed on till the night and realise that I was going through a spiritual attack.

Doubts began to fill my mind. I felt like giving up. There were certain thoughts that came about that felt so right and logic yet my heart felt heavy with it. I could not escape. I felt trapped. My sudden lost of self led me to begin messaging a few sisters to pray for me. I even called one sister to pour my heart out. Thank you for praying and listening.

The feeling had seem to vanish this morning I awoke. I prayed that God would give me strength and that I would be strong the face any attempts from the devil that may come my way in future. I realised that God is real and so is the devil. As I began to nurture and grow in Him daily, the temptations and circumstances that I had to deal with personally became stronger. However, I was thankful that I was going through it. It had make me aware the cunning of nature of the devil who is always on the lurk to devour the faint hearted. I was able to recognise what is of God and what was not.

As I go through this test in life, I realised that they are all part and parcel of God's plan to help mature and build me up so that I would depend on Him and not on my own strength to become more like Him. I realised I have place my trust on myself and other yet forget that God is within and He is the source of my strength. I needed to be strong but I recognise that I could only be if I place my whole trust in Him.

As I go through this journey of rekindling the passion to be intimate with Him, I know that I would face many barriers along the way that may prevent or discourage me from moving towards the Light. I had to spiritually build myself daily to face this challenges. God is real and I have the priviledge of having a first hand account of His greatness.

No comments: