Monday, December 13, 2004

Super Sunday

Church was simply awe inspiring for me. God had touched me that I could not hold back the tears within me. It flowed not because I was sad but because I was so blessed to know Jesus. God had spoken to me through pastors message " A Call to Worship". The message was taken from the book of Genesis 22:1-19. It spoke about Abraham leading his beloved son, Isaac to the mountains where he would be sacrificed. Isaac in Hebrew means laughter or happiness.

God tested Abraham by asking Him to sacrifice his beloved son for Him. It was difficult for Abraham to do it but He believed and trusted God. Without a shadow of a doubt, Abraham prepared to sacrifice his son when God interrupted Him and asked Him not to. Abraham succeeded in the test that God had given to him. He had no clue that it was a test until it had came to past. The value of the test will dropped if he knew it was. Abraham had to sacrifice his Issac in order to worship God.

A call to worship is a call to sacrifice. God placed many test in our life and one of it is sacrifice. He wants us to have faith and trust that He is Lord. He knows the best for our life. I began to recall an Isaac in my life. My happiness. Someone I truly like and love.

I knew I had to put aside my happiness as I wanted to obey God and believe His ways. In this past month, I have seen His faithfulness in my life and want to place Him above everything else in my life. My spiritual life has grown and I was enjoying everyday I spend in His presence. I desire to be like Christ. As I obey and trust in Him, I knew his blessings will come and my prayers answers. This is the reason why I worship Him. To God be the Glory.

I travelled to Malacca in the evening to send my sister back to Malacca. She had gone back a week earlier to prepare and practice for the CF Christmas event which would be held during the same week as Cyber Christmas. Just as I was leaving home, I received a very unexpected call from one of my closest friends. I was shocked to have heard his voice and that he was back for good. I decided then to make arrangement to meet him the following day to really catch up.

Malacca have always been a place I hold dearly. I had many memories here especially in MMU Malacca campus where I studied and lived. This historical city had since developed into a triving area. This development is evident as you travel around Bukit Beruang. Buildings can be seen erected at every nook and corner. Apartsments and shops began to fill the area. Every visit would see a new building being built. We had dinner at Amigo (it was not as nice as before) and shopping at Jaya Jusco, my parents favourite stopover before returning back home. A great day indeed.

No comments: