Monday, December 13, 2004

Fiery Friday

The alarm bell sounded. It was 5 o clock. I did not know what was going on, only to see many people taking a leave from their workplace as they made their way out. I follow in pursuit. It was an emergency fire drill.

As the doors were open to the carpark, I saw a big cloud of smoke bellowing in the air. Visibility was bad. They had place a bin at the carpark where they burn rubber to simulate a fiery fire. We made our way to a corner of the carpark. In soon came to my knowledge the function of this place after passing through this place every week. People were slowly coming out from the building. The techs and operators who were still dressed in their smog and shoes adorned their feet with a blue plastic bag. It seem to strike out from the rest.

After a brief 20 minutes, we soon made our way back to our respective workplace. It would only be a few minutes left before we return to the same place to return home. I gave a lift to two of my collegues, Long and Sugu to the bus station and KTM respectively. Long going back to Malacca to visit his girlfriend while Sugu did his ritual visit to his brother's in Kajang. This were the little thing that I could do for them as I end my second last week at PSS.

I made appointment with my good friend, Terry for a drink at night after watching my Korean drama and a portion of Kickstart. We met at a mamak stall near his place and sat down to catch up on things. It was quite common for the two of us to hang out together. He began to share his attempts over the radio, hoping to beat the other contestants in order to obtain the much prized U2 Ipod. On the other hand, I began to share my last week of training and also about the concerns of the CF.

I was pretty much concern in many aspect of the CF especially Cyber Christmas that was taking place. Terry is the Head of the Cyber Christmas and I wanted to know more about what was going on. There were many things that were still in progress that had cause a concern especially when we were 3 weeks away from the actual event day. I had been praying for Cyber Christmas and the CF for the couple of weeks. As much as I was concern about it, I knew that I could only pray that God will intervene in the midst of our uncertainties and turn things around for the better. Besides that, I hope to lend my hand in areas that is in need of help.

No comments: