Monday, December 13, 2004

Satisfying Saturday

I made a trip down to Shah Alam with my mum and sis to clean up the new place that we were due to shift into in a weeks time. Time was limited and the only time that I could spare from work was during the weekends. As I began to drive down, there was a stiring in my spirit for something that I had asked God about. It was my concern about the CF in particular and what was my role in it. I began to see a picture in my mind of what I could contribute and how I could encourage others in the CF as well.

God began to show me the CF as a body that is comprise of many parts. Each of these parts had different roles to play. However, I began to see each of these parts breaking away from the body and functioning in their own way. The body was soon diminishing and all that were left were body parts.

I asked God in my heart what I could do. In that instance, God had given me a strong desire to see that this body returns to shape. I knew then that we needed to regroup and refocus on our vision so that each and every part of the body would be able to have a similar vision in their heart. I submitted my life before Him and asked Him to use me. Just then, the song in the background began to play...

You can use anything, Lord
You can use me
You can use anything, Lord
You can use me
Take my hands, Lord
And my feet
Touch my heart, Lord
Speak to me
You can use anything, Lord
You can use me

I felt Him in my midst there and then.

We had lunch at one of the nearby shops before going to the apartment. I saw many people lining up at a particular stall that required self service. Everyone was waiting eagerly for the stall's speciality. "Chi Sau Tong" or Pork Intestines Soup that came with rice. I added a side dish of "Chi Sau" or "Pork Meat" that came with an egg as well. It was simply mouth watering and the dish could easily serve for two, with an additional rice.

With a stomach laden with food, we made our way to the apartment for some spring cleaning. There was indeed a lot of the dust. This was due to the apartment location which was situated nearby a main road and construction site. There was even a layer of black dust at the window still. We manage to to clean the 3 rooms and the hall but left the toilet and kitchen to next week as my sister and I had to be in church by 7.30pm for carolling practice.

We made our way to church thereafter after a quick bath and skipping dinner. Unfortunately, things had already started when we reached there so I knew I was late. Most of the people who had gathered there were mainly youth. However, Uncle Eddy and his wife seem to stand out from the rest as they were the only married couple there. We went through 2 sets of songs and I was caught on many accounts to sing solo and accompany another person. As a bass, it was quite scary to sing solos especially when the pitch gets a bit to high to apoint that my voice could be clearly distinctive to have cracked.

Carolling have always been fun especially going from one house to another singing carols and also indulging in the array of food laid out by the host. It seems to give life to the meaning of Christmas. As an Agapean, it was quite obvious that the meaning of Christmas could be clearly heard a few blocks away considering our loud chatters and laughter. It had been accustomed noise to Agapeans. I guess many of you would know now where I get my traits from.

Christmas would be soon be celebrated in a 2 weeks times. I am totally looking forward to it. Family reunions, gift exhange, carols, fun, laughter and not forgetting loads of food. It is always the time of season where many of us feel very happy. Besides that, it was also the time of the year when we realise a year had pass by so very quickly and a new year awaits us in a weeks time. I have some wishes and promises to make this Christmas as I began to look back and reflect what a year it has been. There would be a week left for me to ponder upon the future and what I wanted to do and could do. I thank God for such a good year despite the many things that had happened and knew that this experiences had allowed me grow and mature.

No comments: