Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Living Off The BackBoot

It has been three days since I had started staying outside at my uncle's at Shah Alam. I went back on Sunday and started cleaning up the place, mainly I was in charge to scrub the two toilets while my sis did the wiping and mopping of floor. There was not much to clean as we had clean the week before. However, the floor was still inconsiderably dirty due to the location of the apartment which is near the industrial area and a busy road.

I did not have much sleep on the first night due to me trying to adjust to the new environment. Besides, I would usually be up around 7 in the morning to see my sister off to work. It was hard to sleep back though I tried many times. This could be due to the position of my bed where my head faces the window, allowing the light to penetrate. I guess my body listens to the light. This past few days have been the same and have not been having ample rest as I should. But thank God I managed to go through it without feeling much of the strain and would only feel it when I reached home.

I hope to be able to get back the rest that I need when the weekend comes around the corner. However, I doubt I would be due to Christmas and the many activities that are lined up for this week.

It feels good to have a place of your own. Though I only return home just to sleep. The experience of staying out indeed would teach me what is needed to take care of a house. My previous experience in the hostel only require me to take care of my own space but now I would have to take care of not only the room but also the living hall, toilet and kitchen. Besides, I would have to start paying the bills that comes with having a house. Other than than, I would be making trips to the nearby Giant or Tesco to get my weekly groceries. The good thing about it is I am able to purchase things that I would like to have in my fridge, just in case my stomach rumbles with hunger. I hope to be able to get my hands on some recipe and hopefully wip up some fine dish that would be edible. All of this would definitely train me up to be a good house husband in the future.,I hope.

Other than that, I have also started living off my car. I have a bag of clothes that I would have in my car just in case I feel a sudden need to have a bath to get rid of my body odour or the dripping sweat that stains the skin of my body. Ewww! Though I no longer have a place to rest and bathe, I guess I would be camping in the library or maybe dropping by to some of friends house for a quick nap or shower. Hope they won't mind my presence.

No comments: