Tuesday, December 07, 2004

It Is By God's Grace, I Have A Relationship With Him

I began to realise that God has been so real to me. As I spend time to speak with Him and to learn more about Him, I realise the wealth of wisdom that He has so graciously imparted to me. I have learn so much that I could not afford to forget any of these lessons.

In the last chapter of "Purpose Drive Life", the author enouraged us to write down the lessons that we have learned. I felt the importance of doing so as I wanted to record my daily experience which I had learned. The Bible exist because someone took time to write down their experience so that we may be able to learn from them. I too wanted to have a record that would remind me if I stumble in my faith and hope my life testimony would bless others as well.

As a result, I started on a personal journal yesterday. A journal that I would enter lessons learned, my spiritual journey and to reflect on where I am at in this point of life. This was not my first attempt to keep a journal. My previous attempt only lasted for a few days before I soon forgot abotu it.

I hope to take some time each day before I sleep to jot down my experience, spend time reading His word and praying. In the past month, I had done just that but I wanted to commit myself in making it a habit. This would mean giving up watching late night shows on TV.

It is simply exciting when you find the passion for His word. I await everyday to spend time with Him. As I began this journey, I realise that "It is not by might, nor by power but by the Spirit." I knew it was God's grace that I am able to experience this relationship with Him and await the day that I would be intimate with Him.

No comments: